Bridgestone offers $25K pertaining to Teens just who 123 helpme reviews ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or students with a creative side and also access to the camera are generally invited to the seventh annual Bridgestone Teens Push Smart Movie Contest. Often the grand prizewinner will take dwelling a cool $25, 000 grant and have the video shown on surroundings across the country as being a public program announcement regarding Bridgestone Americas.
The point of the contest is usually driver safeness, and the necessities aren’t as well tough. The bottomline is together some 25- OR MAYBE 55-second online video media on certain aspect of car or traveling safety. For instance
- Safety belt usage,
- Tire monetary inflation,
- Avoiding disturbances while cruising (like mobile phones and texting), or
- Traveling defensively
Local operators can take a handful of cues through the Fairfax Nation Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the means provided about the Montgomery Region Teen Operating Safetywebsite. Wedding event check out previous year’s successful videos with regard to ideas or possibly a recent Inside Dateline segment at teen ingesting and travelling (you along with your parents should really probably understand this anyway).
Once you’ve strike it hard on a area, think about the ultimate way to present it— say as the story with experience or possibly a music online video or a showing. Then shoot— a video of course!
You’ll need to develop a very simple signing up form and upload your video towards Bridgestone internet site just by no eventually than Summer 20, 2013. Judges may narrow down the exact entries, and also top 10 clips will be posted for viewer’s voting via July 18 to 28.
All of the top ten filmmakers will at least gain a set of fresh tires, by using $25, 000 going to the Fantastic Prize successful. Second as well as third place winners receive $15, 000 and $11, 000 respectively. This is serious money and even drastically enhanced from old years.
The competition is offered to legal long-lasting residents within the 50 states and the Center of Columbia or The us, age groups 16 by way of 21 . Entrants must have a really valid driver’s license and be enrolled as steady students with an accredited 2nd, college amount, or business school.
You won’t crib someone else’s work, and don’t bother to increase anything unacceptable. And fork out VERY close awareness of the time specs because videos that don’t conform shall be automatically disqualified.
News in the 2013 University or college Reception Enterprise
Many colleges and even universities hit the road this time of year to begin your recruitment technique that actually gets mixed in with full swing action in the drop.
Short of really visiting the campus, those presentations offer opportunities in order to get basic specifics of a school in addition to make yourself identified by area distributors.
Although these sessions usually are open to individuals, it’s generally a good idea to pre-register if the occasion is offered. Or else, how are the folks running the big event going to discover how many surrendering chairs to build?
The following are examples of the more popular originate events:
- Exploring College or university Options: This may be a special crew recruiting program backed by the undergraduate admissions workplaces of Fight it out, Georgetown, Harvard, the Or even of Pennsylvania, and Stanford. The expedition has three stops inside the DC place, with the first of all scheduled just for Monday, Can 20th, for the Bethesda North Marriott Accommodation & Discussion Center, for 7: 30 p. michael. Two more sessions would be held about May21st around the Tysons Cupboard Marriott, and also Wednesday, Might 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Oregon on Capitol Hill.
- Colleges and universities That Really make a difference: This year, CTCL will visit the Washington DC area in Sunday, May well 19, within the Marriott Bethesda North Accommodation and Seminar Center, on 1: 00 pm. Every single program begins with a 30-minute information appointment followed instantaneously by the college or university fair.
- Typically the Claremont Educational institutions: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona together with Scripps Colleges) will carry a local information and facts session a prior weekend not too long ago, May 16, from only two to 5 p. e., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Trying Educational Fineness: Join Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, and also Rice with an information workout targeted to possible students and also families. Lessons include any of each body, information on accès and school loans, as well as a possiblity to speak casually with tickets representatives.
- eight of the Best Colleges: Claremont McKenna, Colorado School, Connecticut College or university, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Daphne Lawrence bring students as well as families for additional details on these nine nationally recognized liberal martial arts styles colleges. Half a dozen programs keep on being for the 12 months.
- Coast to be able to Coast Visit: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, plus Vanderbilt take a look at nine locations in 6 states. The evening has a brief data session concerning each the school and enough time to interact with accès representatives within the college good format. The particular tour involves the POWER area on May 23 rd .
- Boston Institution: This informational program was established to provide prospective students with an ‘Eagle Summary. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon Or even: Admissions counselors will present a broad information treatment to students who could be in the early stages with their college search. You can sign up now for any event planned for Wednesday, June a couple of, at the Bethesda Marriott Hotel room.
- Northwestern Higher education: In addition to the Shoreline to Region Tour (see above), even more sessions are actually open to trainees and their tourists in other parts of the region. Northwestern vacation plans with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UVA to The south in Summer 2013.
- The particular University of North Carolina on Greensboro: Two “First Look” sessions will likely be held in the very DC region. The first is going to take place on May perhaps 29, within Rockville, and also the second is normally scheduled to get May 7, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online sign up will require one to open a SpartanLinkaccount.